Courage for America Launches In-District TV Ads Slamming Mike Johnson Speakership Vote
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, Courage for America launched a new ad campaign slamming extreme House Republicans’ vote to elect Mike Johnson as Speaker of the House. The ads will run through the end of the month in AL-02, CA-27, NE-02, NY-04, NY-17, VA-02 and WI-01 on the Today Show.
“Reps. Moore, Garcia, Bacon, D’Esposito, Lawler, Kiggans and Steil must be held accountable for choosing a MAGA extremist and election denier as their leader,” said José Morales, Jr., spokesperson for Courage for America. “Extreme House Republicans showed the nation once again who they really are: election deniers willing to dismantle our democracy and force an extreme and deeply unpopular agenda upon the American people, from national abortion bans to cuts to Social Security. We must come together and reject MAGA extremism once and for all – before it’s too late.”
WATCH: “Extreme” (Kiggans)
Far-right extremism threatens our way of life once again…
Brought to you by Congressman Jen Kiggans
She picked Mike Johnson to be his new Speaker of the House
Johnson voted for a national abortion ban
He’s an election denier who led a plan to overturn the 2020 election
Johnson even voted to slash Social Security
We just can’t afford this extremism and chaos in OUR House
- Johnson is an election denier who voted to overturn the election results in 2020.
- Johnson led the “amicus brief in a Texas lawsuit to invalidate millions of votes and the election results from four key swing states that went for President-elect Joe Biden.”
- CNN: “Rep. Mike Johnson of Louisiana, a close ally of President Donald Trump, sent an email from a personal email account to every House Republican soliciting signatures for an amicus brief in the longshot Texas lawsuit seeking to invalidate electoral college votes from Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.”
- Reporter Andy Kaczynski on the Texas lawsuit: “It was probably outside of January 6 the second most extreme action in that whole post 2020 period.”
- Johnson voted against establishing the January 6th investigative committees.
- Johnson voted for a national abortion ban and cosponsored a 20-week abortion ban in 2021.
- He holds an ‘A+’ Rating from Susan B Anthony Pro-Life America, a national, extreme anti-abortion group.
- In September 2023, Johnson voted for the House Republicans’ continuing resolution that would cut access to Social Security.
- Johnson is a member of the Republican Study Committee, a group of Republicans proposing to cut Social Security and Medicare, which will put millions of senior and low-income Americans at risk.
- Johnson repeatedly voted against the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, which would allow the Department of Justice to overturn discriminatory state and local voter suppression laws.
About Courage for America
Courage For America is a campaign advised by a council of proud Americans speaking out against an extreme MAGA agenda that puts money and power over the rights and freedoms of the American people. The campaign is amplifying the voices of Americans in communities across the country — veterans, educators, faith leaders, and more — to demand the People’s House works for the people. courageforamerica.org