Courage for America to Host “Back Off Our Benefits: Food Drive” in Omaha on 11/16
Food drive will benefit Black Men United Food Bank. Free drinks and food will be available upon donation to all attendees.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Thursday, November 16th, Courage for America will host a “Back Off Our Benefits: Food Drive” at Bärchen Beer Garden, which will benefit Black Men United Food Bank. The goal of the event is to raise awareness about escalating threats to critical food assistance programs like SNAP, which 27,596 (9.8%) NE-02 families rely on. The food drive will bring together community members dedicated to protecting critical food assistance programs during the holiday season and beyond. Free drinks and food will be available upon donation to all attendees.
WHAT: Back Off Our Benefits: Food Drive
WHO: Courage for America
WHEN: Thursday, November 16, 2023 from 5PM – 8PM
Media availability with local officials, partners and residents: 5:30PM
WHERE: Bärchen Beer Garden, 6209 Maple St. Omaha, NE 68104
The event is open press. To RSVP, please email [email protected]
- 27,596 (9.8%) NE-02 households rely on SNAP benefits for nutrition assistance.
- In September 2023, Rep. Bacon voted for the House Republicans’ continuing resolution that would have:
- Taken away food assistance from moms, kids, and seniors.
- Raised the cost of housing, home heating, food, and health care.
- Cut access to Social Security.
- In April 2023, Rep. Bacon voted for the Default on America Act (Limit, Save, Grow Act of 2023) which would have led to 275,000 people losing benefits in an average month, and 19,000 seeing reduced monthly benefits.