ICYMI: McCarthy’s MAGA Endorsers Prove What Kind Of Speaker He’d Be
“Donald Trump, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Charlie Kirk don’t endorse cucks.”
WASHINGTON, D.C. — With tension mounting over the race for Speaker and five House Republicans now saying they will not support Minority Leader McCarthy for the position, McCarthy’s claim to the gavel is more threatened than ever. But McCarthy has secured key endorsements from MAGA party influencers from President Trump to Marjorie Taylor Greene, which indicates that this fight is one about internal conference process, not ideology.
“Rep. McCarthy’s failure to rally his conference around his bid for Speaker should not be taken as a sign that he would lead the chamber down a more moderate, commonsense path,” said Zac Petkanas, senior advisor to the House Accountability War Room. “McCarthy will advance the most extreme MAGA agenda this country has ever seen – and his endorsements prove it. Donald Trump, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Charlie Kirk don’t endorse cucks.”
Key endorsements for McCarthy include:
- New York Times: “Trump Says He Would Support Representative Kevin McCarthy for Speaker.”
- Washington Examiner: “Trump endorses McCarthy for House speaker.”
- During the Trump Administration, McCarthy voted with President Trump over 97% of the time.
- Trump often called McCarthy “my Kevin” in private, describing McCarthy as a “great man” and that “he’s going to be hopefully a great Speaker of the House.”
- McCarthy praised Trump at a 2022 fundraiser, calling him a “secret weapon” and suggesting he could become president again.
Marjorie Taylor Greene:
- WSJ: “Marjorie Taylor Greene Backs Kevin McCarthy for House Speaker.”
- The Hill: “Greene: Any McCarthy challenge would be ‘bad strategy.’”
- Axios: “McCarthy has invested heavily in his relationship with Greene, meeting with her weekly and promising to reinstate her committee assignments if Republicans take back the majority.”
- Newsweek: “Marjorie Taylor Greene to Be ‘Most Powerful’ House Speaker: Ex-GOP Chair.”
- Business Insider: “Marjorie Taylor Greene will be the real Speaker behind the scenes even if Kevin McCarthy gets the job: Former GOP congressman.”
- Greene said, “I think people underestimate” McCarthy “in thinking he wouldn’t” attempt to impeach President Biden.
- Greene is an election denier and a major proponent of the Big Lie. On January 5th, 2021, Greene told Newsmax that January 6th would be “our 1776 moment.” After the January 6th Insurrection, Greene told a YouTuber “I am one of those people” who would have been at the January 6th riots, adding, “that’s exactly who I am.”
- Greene, who is “unabashedly pro-QAnon,” called QAnon “a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take this global cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles out.”
- Greene “indicated support for executing prominent Democrats in 2018 and 2019 before running for Congress.”
MAGA right-wing influencers and commentators:
- The Hill: “Conservative host Mark Levin labels McCarthy GOP opponents the ‘five boneheads.’”
- White nationalist and anti-immigrant extremist Stephen Miller recently met with Kevin McCarthy.
- Mike Cernovich: “If it’s not Kevin McCarthy, who is it? Will be some ‘moderate Democrat.’ Don’t get played. It’s McCarthy or else a Pelosi puppet.”
- Turning Point USA’s Charlie Kirk: “The freedom caucus should be pushing for concessions out of McCarthy, not throwing the speakership to Dems. This is very dangerous and needs to stop. What is the plan?”
- Jack Posobiec: “Are there seriously people saying it’s ok to hand veto power over subpoenas to the Democrats in attempt to stop Kevin McCarthy? Bc I am not ok with that at all. No, sir.”
- Breitbart’s Matt Boyle: “Conservatives Warn of ‘Doomsday Scenario’ if McCarthy Fails in Speaker Race Where Democrats Neuter GOP Power.”
For questions or additional commentary, please contact [email protected].