MONDAY: As Default Crisis Looms, “Back Off Our Benefits” Bus Tour To Host Press Conference on Capitol Hill and Deliver Petition to McCarthy
Courage for America and Advocates from Across the Country Ramp Up Pressure and Mark McCarthy’s 100th Day
WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Monday, April 17, at 1:30 PM ET, Courage for America will host a press conference at the U.S. Capitol to conclude its cross-country “Back Off Our Benefits” bus tour. After 20 days on the road and events in 13 congressional districts, advocates and constituents will call on Speaker McCarthy and MAGA lawmakers to stop using the default crisis as an excuse to threaten cuts to life-saving programs like Social Security, Medicare, SNAP, and veterans’ benefits.
Following the press conference, the group will hand-deliver a petition to Speaker McCarthy signed by Americans from across the country calling on him to make a promise to Americans that he will not cut their hard-earned benefits.
RSVP for the Press Conference Here
For photos, videos, local news clips, and more information on the tour, visit our press kit or contact [email protected].
“Back Off Our Benefits” Press Conference at U.S. Capitol
- Laura Packard, executive director of Health Care Voter
- Michael Fanone, former MPD Officer and Courage for America Council member
- Naveed Shah, political director of Common Defense
- Syanne Centeno-Bloom, disability rights activist
- Imelda Ceja-Butkiewicz, local Bakersfield public health advocate
- Additional speakers to come
- WHEN: Monday, April 17 at 1:30 PM ET (check-in begins at 1 PM ET)
- WHERE: U.S. Capitol (RSVP for full location details)
***B-ROLL AND PHOTO VISUAL: Community leaders and constituents holding “Back Off Our Benefits” signs, speakers calling out MAGA Republicans in front of the Capitol Building***