On January 6 Anniversary, Courage for America Launches Six Figure Ad Buy in NY-21 Slamming Elise Stefanik’s Support for the Big Lie
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, Courage for America launched a new TV ad campaign slamming Rep. Elise Stefanik for her role in attempting to overturn the 2020 election results and for continuing to spread the Big Lie. The ad will run through January 19th across NY-21 on Good Morning America and features former Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone, who was seriously injured on January 6th while defending the U.S. Capitol.
“January 6 was one of the most horrendous attacks on our democracy in modern times. Instead of holding the perpetrators accountable and restoring trust in our elections system, MAGA Republicans like Rep. Elise Stefanik continue to deny the results of the 2020 election and push an extreme and harmful agenda that further endangers our democracy,” said Albert Fujii, spokesperson for Courage for America. “It’s time Rep. Stefanik chooses the Constitution and herr constituents over divisive MAGA extremism, the same extremism that stoked such deplorable violence three years ago.”
January 6th, it was the closest I ever came to dying
I responded to the Capitol because I heard other police officers screaming out for help
Getting to the threshold of the tunnel and seeing just tens of thousands of rioters,
It was like a scene out of medieval battle
One of the individuals pulled me out into the crowd of rioters
Beaten from every direction
People yelling out “grab his gun kill him with it”
That cannot happen again
Elise Stefanik, I did my job that day, when are you going to do yours?
- Rep. Stefanik voted to overturn the election results in 2020 and describes herself as “ultra MAGA.”
- Rep. Stefanik signed onto “an amicus brief in a Texas lawsuit to invalidate millions of votes and the election results from four key swing states that went for President-elect Joe Biden.”
- Rep. Stefanik repeatedly supported claims that the 2020 election was illegitimate to bolster her role in House leadership.
- Rep. Stefanik voted against establishing the January 6th investigative committees.
- According to End Citizens United and the Let America Vote Action Fund, Rep. Stefanik voted against all “of the major anti-corruption and voting rights legislation” in the 117th Congress.
About Courage for America
Courage For America is a campaign advised by a council of proud Americans speaking out against an extreme MAGA agenda that puts money and power over the rights and freedoms of the American people. The campaign is amplifying the voices of Americans in communities across the country — veterans, educators, faith leaders, and more — to demand the People’s House works for the people. courageforamerica.org