Santos’ Constituents Travel from NY-03 to Demand Speaker McCarthy, Republicans Vote to Expel Him from Congress
Reps. Goldman, Torres to Headline Press Conference at Capitol
WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Tuesday February 7, constituents of Republican Congressman George Santos will travel together by bus from New York with Courage for America and Concerned Citizens of NY-03 for a press conference on Capitol Hill to demand Congress vote to expel Santos after he defrauded voters and lied about most aspects of his life.
Following the press conference, NY-03 residents will deliver to Santos’ office a petition signed by nearly 1,500 constituents calling for a vote to expel him from Congress. The groups will also deliver the petition to Republican leadership, including Speaker McCarthy, House Republican Conference Chair Stefanik, and others who enabled Santos’ misconduct and moved to shield him from accountability by gutting the Office of Congressional Ethics.
Details and RSVP instructions included below:
BUS DEPARTURE FROM NY-03
- WHO: Dozens of constituents and community leaders from NY-03
- WHEN: Tuesday, February 7, at 6:45 AM ET (cameras should arrive at 6:30 AM ET)
- WHERE: Rosyln Station, Expy Plaza, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
- RSVP: Email [email protected]
- B-ROLL AND VISUALS: Interviews with organizers and constituents before traveling to D.C.
PRESS CONFERENCE ON CAPITOL HILL
- WHO: Reps. Dan Goldman (D, NY-10) and Ritchie Torres (D, NY-15), dozens of constituents and community leaders from NY-03
- WHEN: Tuesday, February 7, at 1:00 PM ET (check-in begins at 12:45:00 PM ET)
- WHERE: U.S. Capitol (specific address to be provided upon RSVP, including inclement weather address)
- RSVP: Email [email protected] to receive the location and press credentials for this event
- B-ROLL AND VISUALS: Members of Congress and community leaders calling for Santos’ expulsion; constituents and community leaders holding signs and chanting
PETITION DROP TO SPEAKER MCCARTHY, HOUSE REPUBLICANS
- WHO: Constituents and community leaders from NY-03
- WHEN: Tuesday, February 7, at 1:30 PM ET following the press conference
- WHERE: U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.
- RSVP: Email [email protected] if you are interested in accompanying Santos’ constituents during the petition drop
- B-ROLL AND VISUALS: Petition drop off to the offices of key House Republicans