TODAY: Courage for America’s Bus Tour Hosts Press Conference in Charlotte To Demand Rep. McHenry Promise To “Back Off Our Benefits”
Advocates Ramp Up Pressure on MAGA Republicans Ahead of Potential Default Crisis and McCarthy’s 100th Day
CHARLOTTE, NC — Today (4/7) at 3 PM EDT, as part of its nationwide “Back Off Our Benefits” bus tour, Courage for America will host a press conference with local advocates at Romare Bearden Park to call on Representative Patrick McHenry to promise his constituents that he will not cut essential programs that Americans rely on — including Social Security, Medicare, and veterans’ benefits.
Constituents of Rep. McHenry will join Courage for America council members and allies to shine a light on how MAGA lawmakers’ political games are pushing the country towards a default crisis at the expense of American seniors, veterans, and children.
NOTE: Rep. McHenry’s constituents invited him to attend the event and make this promise to his constituents, but they did not hear back from his office.
RSVP For the Press Conference Here
PRESS CONFERENCE AT ROMARE BEARDEN PARK
- Laura Packard, Courage for America spokesperson and executive director of Health Care Voter
- Moises Montalvo, Army Veteran and Common Defense member
- Kevan Woodson, Medicare expert
- Tariq Smith, Common Defense Veteran
- Skyleigh Heinen, disabled veteran
- Additional constituents and community leaders from NC-10
- WHEN: Today, April 7, at 3 PM ET (check-in begins at 2:45 PM ET)
- WHERE: Romare Bearden Park 300 S Church St., Charlotte, NC 28202
** B-ROLL AND PHOTO VISUAL: “Back Off Our Benefits” branded bus, signs being held by individuals; large “empty promise” placard; local community members speaking; campaign members wearing Courage for America t-shirts and sweatshirts**