TODAY: Courage for America’s Bus Tour Hosts Press Conference in Columbus To Demand Rep. Jordan Promise To “Back Off Our Benefits”
Advocates Ramp Up Pressure on MAGA Republicans Ahead of Potential Default Crisis and McCarthy’s 100th Day
COLUMBUS, OH — Today (4/14) at 10 AM ET, as part of its nationwide “Back Off Our Benefits” bus tour, Courage for America will host a press conference with local advocates in Columbus at Genoa Park to call on Representative Jordan to promise his constituents that he will not cut essential programs that Americans rely on — including Social Security, Medicare, and veterans’ benefits.
Constituents of Rep. Jordan and Innovation Ohio will join Courage for America council members and allies to shine a light on how MAGA lawmakers’ political games are pushing the country toward a default crisis at the expense of American seniors, veterans, and children.
PRESS CONFERENCE AT GENOA PARK
- Moises Montalvo, Army Veteran and Common Defense member
- Hearcel Craig, Ohio State Senator
- Deacon Nick Bates, J.D., Director of the Hunger Network in Ohio
- Maryellen O’Shaughnessy, Franklin County Clerk of Courts
- Norm Wernet, Ohio Alliance for Retired Americans state director
- Cory Hoffman, Delaware City council member
- Additional constituents and community leaders from OH-04
- WHEN: Today (4/14) at 10 AM ET (check-in begins at 9:30 AM ET)
- WHERE: Genoa Park, 303 W. Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215
** B-ROLL AND PHOTO VISUAL: “Back Off Our Benefits” branded bus, signs being held by individuals; large “empty promise” placard; local community members speaking; campaign members wearing Courage for America t-shirts and sweatshirts**