TODAY: Courage for America’s Bus Tour Hosts Press Conference in Durango To Demand Rep. Boebert Promise To “Back Off Our Benefits”
Advocates Ramp Up Pressure on MAGA Republicans Ahead of Potential Default Crisis and McCarthy’s 100th Day
DURANGO, CO — Today (4/3) at 10 AM MDT, as part of its nationwide “Back Off Our Benefits” bus tour, Courage for America, Rocky Mountain Values, and the Colorado Alliance for Retired Americans will host a press conference with local advocates at Buckley Park to call on Representative Lauren Boebert to promise to stop playing politics with the debt ceiling by threatening Social Security, Medicare, and veterans’ benefits.
Constituents of Rep. Boebert, Courage for America spokesperson Laura Packard, Rocky Mountain Values, Colorado Alliance for Retired Americans, and other allies are joining the event to call out MAGA lawmakers for pushing the country towards a default crisis at the expense of American seniors, veterans, and children.
NOTE: Rep. Boebert was invited to the event by her constituents, but she will not attend.
PRESS CONFERENCE AT BUCKLEY PARK
- Laura Packard, Courage for America spokesperson and executive director of Health Care Voter
- Kelsey Bell, Executive Director of Southwest Center for Independence
- Jean Walter, Advocate speaking on behalf of the Colorado Alliance for Retired Americans
- Carolyn Hunter, Constituent of CO-03
- Dozens of constituents and community leaders from CO-03
- WHEN: Today, April 3, at 10 AM MDT (check-in begins at 9:30 AM MDT)
- WHERE: Buckley Park Main Ave, Durango, CO 81301
** B-ROLL AND PHOTO VISUAL: “Back Off Our Benefits” branded bus, signs being held by individuals; large “empty promise” placard; local community members speaking; campaign members wearing Courage for America t-shirts and sweatshirts**