TODAY: Courage for America’s Bus Tour Hosts Press Conference in Flagstaff To Demand Rep. Crane Promise To “Back Off Our Benefits”
Advocates Ramp Up Pressure on MAGA Republicans Ahead of Potential Default Crisis and McCarthy’s 100th Day
Flagstaff, AZ — Today (4/1) at 2:30 PM MST, as part of its nationwide “Back Off Our Benefits” bus tour, Courage for America will host a press conference with local advocates in Flagstaff to call on Representative Crane to promise his constituents that he will not cut essential programs that Americans rely on — including Social Security, Medicare, and veterans’ benefits.
Constituents of Rep. Crane, Courage for America spokesperson Laura Packard, the Arizona Alliance for Retired Americans, Progress Arizona and other allies are joining the event to call out MAGA lawmakers for pushing the country towards a default crisis at the expense of American seniors, veterans, and children.
RSVP For the Press Conference Here
“Back Off Our Benefits” Bus Tour Press Conference
- Laura Packard, Courage for America spokesperson and executive director of Health Care Voter
- Jojo Sweatt, national organizing director for Common Defense
- Susan Shapiro, Director of Indivisible Northern AZ
- Nicole Whitten, law student and local advocate
- WHEN: Today, April 1st at 2:30 PM MST (check-in begins at 2 PM MST)
- WHERE: Wheeler Park, 212 W Aspen Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
** B-ROLL AND PHOTO VISUAL: “Back Off Our Benefits” branded bus, signs being held by individuals; large “empty promise” placard; local community members speaking; campaign members wearing Courage for America t-shirts and sweatshirts **