TODAY: Courage for America’s Bus Tour Hosts Press Conference in Phoenix To Demand Rep. Schweikert Promise To “Back Off Our Benefits”
Advocates Ramp Up Pressure on MAGA Republicans Ahead of Potential Default Crisis and McCarthy’s 100th Day
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today (4/1) at 10 AM MST, as part of its nationwide “Back Off Our Benefits” bus tour, Courage for America, Honest Arizona, and other Arizona partners will host a press conference with local advocates in Phoenix to call on Representative Schweikert to promise his constituents that he will not cut essential programs that Americans rely on — including Social Security, Medicare, and veterans’ benefits.
The press event will feature constituents of Rep. Schweikert, Courage for America spokesperson Laura Packard, Honest Arizona, the Arizona Alliance for Retired Americans, Indivisible Arizona, Protect Our Care, and other allies joining forces to call out MAGA lawmakers for pushing the country towards a default crisis at the expense of American seniors, veterans, and children.
NOTE: Rep. Schweikert’s constituents invited him to attend the event and make this promise to his constituents, but they did not hear back from the office.
RSVP For the Press Conference Here
“Back Off Our Benefits” Bus Tour Press Conference
- Laura Packard, Courage for America spokesperson and executive director of Health Care Voter
- Dora Vasquez, executive director of the Arizona Alliance for Retired Americans
- Rev. Cathy Patterson, Courage for America council member, faith leader, and former Wall Street executive
- Linda Somo, retired teacher and union leader
- David Lucier, president and CEO of the Arizona Veterans & Military Leadership Alliance
- Richard Jones, Marine Corps veteran
- And other Schweikert constituents
- WHEN: Today, April 1st at 10 AM MST (check-in begins at 9:30 AM MST)
- WHERE: IBEW Local 640, 5808 N 7th St., Phoenix, AZ 85014
** B-ROLL AND PHOTO VISUAL: “Back Off Our Benefits” branded bus, signs being held by individuals; large “empty promise” placard; local community members speaking; campaign members wearing Courage for America t-shirts and sweatshirts **