TODAY: Courage for America’s Bus Tour Hosts Press Conference in Raleigh To Demand Rep. Hudson Promise To “Back Off Our Benefits”
Advocates Ramp Up Pressure on MAGA Republicans Ahead of Potential Default Crisis and McCarthy’s 100th Day
RALEIGH, NC — Today (4/8) at 1 PM ET as part of its nationwide “Back Off Our Benefits” bus tour, Courage for America will host a press conference with local advocates at Bicentennial Plaza to call on Representative Richard Hudson to promise his constituents that he will not cut essential programs that Americans rely on — including Social Security, Medicare, and veterans’ benefits.
Constituents of Rep. Hudson will join Courage for America council members and allies to shine a light on how MAGA lawmakers’ political games are pushing the country towards a default crisis at the expense of American seniors, veterans, and children.
The group will also be stopping by Rep. Hudson’s Fayetteville district office to ask him directly to sign the promise to his constituents that he won’t cut their hard-earned benefits.
NOTE: Rep. Hudson’s constituents invited him to attend the event and make this promise to his constituents, but they did not hear back from his office.
PRESS CONFERENCE AT BICENTENNIAL PLAZA
- Laura Packard, Courage for America spokesperson and executive director of Health Care Voter
- Moises Montalvo, Army Veteran and Common Defense member
- Nique Williams, Common Defense member
- Christina Jones, Raleigh City Council member
- Lisette Rodriguez, musician, activist, community organizer, and co-founder of Fayetteville Freedom for All
- Judy Coggins, member of CWA Retirees and NC Alliance for Retired Americans
- Chad Flannery, Common Defense Marine Veteran
- Additional constituents and community leaders from NC-09
- WHEN: Tomorrow, April 8, at 1 PM ET (check-in begins at 12:30 PM ET)
- WHERE: Bicentennial Plaza 1 E Edenton St., Raleigh, NC 27601
** B-ROLL AND PHOTO VISUAL: “Back Off Our Benefits” branded bus, signs being held by individuals; large “empty promise” placard; local community members speaking; campaign members wearing Courage for America t-shirts and sweatshirts**