TODAY: Courage for America’s Bus Tour Hosts Press Conference in Saugerties To Demand Rep. Molinaro Promise To “Back Off Our Benefits”
Advocates Ramp Up Pressure on MAGA Republicans Ahead of Potential Default Crisis and McCarthy’s 100th Day
SAUGERTIES, NY — Today (4/12) at 2 PM ET, as part of its nationwide “Back Off Our Benefits” bus tour, Courage for America will host a press conference with local advocates in Saugerties at the Frank D. Greco Memorial Senior Citizen Recreation Center to call on Representative Molinaro to promise his constituents that he will not cut essential programs that Americans rely on — including Social Security, Medicare, and veterans’ benefits.
NOTE: Rep. Molinaro’s constituents invited him to attend the event and make this promise to their constituents, but they did not hear back from the office.
Local advocates and constituents of Rep. Molinaro will join Courage for America council members and allies to shine a light on how MAGA lawmakers’ political games are pushing the country towards a default crisis at the expense of American seniors, veterans, and children.
PRESS CONFERENCE AT FRANK D. GRECO MEMORIAL SENIOR CITIZEN RECREATION CENTER
- Joyce Thompson, Longtime local resident and community leader
- Kathy Childs Gordon, Longtime local resident and community activist
- Patti Rosenbloom, Retired social worker
- Abe Uchitelle, County Legislator
- Additional constituents and community leaders from NY-19
- WHEN: Today, April 12 at 2 PM ET (check-in begins at 1:30 PM ET)
- WHERE: Frank D. Greco Memorial Senior Citizen Recreation Center, 207 Market St, Saugerties, NY 12477
** B-ROLL AND PHOTO VISUAL: “Back Off Our Benefits” branded bus, signs being held by individuals; large “empty promise” placard; local community members speaking; campaign members wearing Courage for America t-shirts and sweatshirts**