TODAY: Rep. Gallego and AZ Veterans Blast GOP House Members For Voting to Cut Their Benefits
Veteran Constituents of Gosar, Crane, Schweikert, Ciscomani Condemn AZ Republicans in Congress for Supporting McCarthy’s Default Bill
WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Thursday, April 27 at 11 AM MST, Rep. Ruben Gallego and Arizona veterans will join Courage for America for a press call to call out the AZ GOP delegation for voting in favor of the MAGA default plan, which will make deep cuts to veterans’ benefits. Nearly every Arizona Republican in the House — Rep. David Schweikert, Rep. Eli Crane, Rep. Juan Ciscomani, Rep. Debbie Lesko, and Rep. Paul Gosar — voted in support of the extreme plan. This vote passed by the slimmest of margins, making each one of these members the deciding vote on this bill.
The press call comes on the heels of Courage for America’s nationwide bus tour, which stopped in Phoenix and Flagstaff earlier this month calling on AZ Republicans to back off critical benefits Americans rely on.
WHAT: Courage for America and veterans from across the state host a press call condemning AZ GOP House members for supporting McCarthy’s default plan.
- Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-AZ-03)
- Derek Duba, Army veteran and Rep. Gosar (R-AZ-09) constituent
- Ricardo Reyes, Marine veteran and Rep. Schweikert (R-AZ-01) constituent
- Sylvia Andersh-Gonzales, veteran and Rep. Ciscomani (R-AZ-06) constituent
- Paulette Yazzie, veteran and Rep. Crane (R-AZ-02) constituent
- Frank Thompson, veteran and Arizona resident
WHEN: Thursday, April 27 at 11 AM MST
WHERE: RSVP HERE for the Zoom link
For questions or to RSVP directly contact [email protected].